Configuring Google Adwords requires that you log out of any Google account on the machine you are trying to configure the Google Adwords that is different than the Google Adwords account. This includes your Apmetrix email. So, you should get the client’s Google Adwords account information out of Google Drive prior to beginning the configuration process.
1. Navigate to http://www.google.com/adwords/get-started.html
2. Click the Get Started Now button
3. Enter your email and website URL. Select the boxes to receive tips and tricks and surveys if preferred. Hit Continue when finished.
5. After selecting Next Step you will receive a confirmation email from Google. Follow the link in the email to confirm your new account.
6. Return to your web browser and continue the account set up. First select the Your budget tab. Determine your currency and how much you would like to spend on advertising per day. Hit Save when finished.
7. Select the Locations tab to tailor where your ads will appear. Either select one of the predetermined buttons, or choose Let me choose... and enter your desired location(s) to include or exclude. Hit Save when finished.
8. Select the Networks tab to choose where your ads are shown. Check or uncheck the Display Network tab to choose if your ads will be shown on their partner websites or exclusively on their search network, respectively. Hit Save when finished.
9. Select the Keywords Tab to configure your website's keywords. Google automatically will find keywords associated with your website and populate this field, but you may remove a keyword by clicking the grey "X" to the right of it. If you want to add additional key words, type them into the box at the bottom, separated with commas if adding multiples, and hit Add to add them. Hit Save when finished.
10. Select the Bid tab to choose how you will bid for advertisement space. Google uses a bidding system, meaning multiple adds bid for an advertisement space, and the highest bidder is displayed there. By default, Google will automatically use your budget to calculate how much to bid, but if you would rather manually set your bid amount, click the I'll set my bids manually button and fill in the amount you want to bid. Hit Save when finished.
11. Select the Write your ad tab to configure what your add will look like to consumers. In the Landing Page box, your website URL should be present. If you would rather the add redirect to another page on your site, put the link to it here. Then under the Add box, create your headline, text, and continued text. You can preview what your add will look like to consumers in the box to the right. Hit Save when finished. When ready to proceed hit the Save and Continue button to proceed to Billing.
12. Select your Country and if you're advertising for a Business or Individually. Then fill in the given Name and Address boxes.
13. Select whether you will be playing via Bank Account or Credit/Debit Card and fill in the additional information needed. If you have a Promotional Code, put it in the Introductory Offer box. Select your Time Zone as well. When ready to proceed, hit the Save and Continue button.